BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 08, 2005

The Great Outdoors

Things I might admit to having packed for my weekend up North:
1) My cutest Juicy Couture warm-up;
2) LAMB Bag;
3) Herve Chapelier Bag;
4) The latest MAC line;
5) Bedazzled cell phone; and
6) Charles David Sandals

Katie’s cabin, as it turns out is less rustic shack and more beautiful summer home on the lake with all modern conveniences including: plumbing, a DVD player, 3 bathrooms, a laundry room and working telephone. There was no need for wildlife spray and it was not necessary that I washed my hair prior to the Northern road trip for fear of being a greasy mess come Sunday afternoon. Showers were plentifully had. The entire weekend was therefore dedicated to laughing at my fear of having to be outdoorsie and my absolute gullible-ness. Sigh...



My only wildlife contact this weekend..


Highlights of the “great outdoors” weekend:
1) Vodka tonics poured directly after breakfast (shortly there after ruined, see pic above);
2) Katie’s dad asking us to keep our buzzes below .1 BAC;
3) Laying out/gossiping/general laziness;
4) Boat rides;
5) Possible body dumping sighting;
6) Minocqua bars, not so much townie, more FIB-y; and
7) Testing my millionaire skills (did you know that Minocqua is an Indian term that translates to “mid-journey, stop and drink, and pleasant place to be?”)

Boyfriends of the weekend:

1) The Wrigleyville Dancing Queen spotted wearing strategically ripped jeans and dancing up a storm, if possible worse then most white boys...


"...You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life..."


2) The professional poker player, who when asked to tell me an interesting story divulged that he recently got a DUI, but it wasn’t that big of a deal since “all his friends had at least one” and that “it was almost a right of passage.” Hmm...sweet!


His pick up line: "you think my tractor shirt is sexy don't you?"

3) The bench BF who approached me while sitting waiting for our ride, open bottle in hand. God, where do I find these guys? It's like I was meant to mess with them or something...


I returned to Madison relaxed, tan, without poison ivy and full of sweet memories. Thanks Katie and KV!
___________________________________________
In other news:
Happy Birthday Katie and Ambular!

___________________________________________
Sorry J and W for making fun of your cheerleading days, apparently the skills you learned can be transferable later on in life.

Do you have an explanation for this Sug?

____________________________________________
I swear, I didn't post this, but thanks anyway!! Wait, why did I leave Chicago again?

0 comments: