BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Who are the people in your neighborhood?

The state of coherence of my neighbor at 8:00am on Friday

Friday morning, while waiting for the elevator in my apartment building, a neighbor who very much resembles a mouse, asked me if it was cold out. Being the total zombie I am until I have my coffee, I stared at him and said "Huh, What?" thinking to myself that I was more out of it than usual. He asked me again, "Do you know if it is cold outside right now?" to which I gave him the You are a Total Moron Look and responded: "Ummm, a) I don’t know, as I just rolled out of bed and b) if I was staking my life on it, I would say yes, it is afterall January in Chicago." Mouseman’s response “Oh yeah, I guess that makes sense.” He then proceeded to tell me how he drives to work in his warm car, listens to Drex, but doesn’t like getting out of his car because then he gets cold, but in a few months he isn’t going to be able to drive to work in the morning anymore and then he just going to be cold all morning. I pointed out that in a few months it will be much warmer out. His response. “Oh yeah! You’re right!”

WTF am I living?? To his credit, it did appear that Mouseman had just waked and baked, so that could explain our asinine conversation. At least once of my neighbors is smart, Mark after Dark has a PhD.

After this story was discussed on FB, it was pointed out that he might have been trying to hit on me and just didn't know what to say. If this is true, I suppose my response and eyerolling was kinda bitchy. But seriously, I couldn't help it. His crazy beady rodent eyes were freaking me out. Meh, whatever...


Ask me stupid questions and you get a facial expression like this.

0 comments: