BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Bizzaro World

Who knew boobs and cupcakes went together?


It's been a weird day....

Today a large chuck of a cupcake fell down my shirt. That was something new and exciting for me. I couldn’t even tell you how exactly it happened, other than I took a bite off the top to get full frosting effect, then turned my head to see if the coffee maker was done brewing and when I resumed my attention to the mini treat, I found no cupcake in my hand. It had migrated down the inside of my shirt. I am a disaster.

Today a friend sent me a request to be a part of a recipe email exchange. This exchange called for writing down a recipe off the top of your head, ie your go-to, quick fix, in a pinch recipe. Ummm, apparently that is something I guess I’m supposed to have had memorized at this point in my life. Ooops. I don’t even have a single recipe that I follow, EVER, let alone one that I can spout off the top of my head. I asked her if Mac & Cheese in the box counted as a recipe. She said no. Guess I just got kicked out of that club.

Today I learned that Einstein’s has discontinued my favorite bagel, the Sundried tomato bagel. Jerks. I had been salivating about it all morning too. Instead I ordered the 4 cheese, which despite the fact that I’m a cheeseacholic, I found it to be totally gross and overly salty. Too add insult to injury, the bagel I was served was burnt to all hell. Why did I get out of bed this morning?

Today and yesterday I’ve had a song stuck in my head, Father Figure by George Michael. However it couldn’t be the normal version that is stuck in my head, oh no...it is the American Idol version that was sang by some guy during the finals a few years ago. WTF? I don’t even watch that show. I just happened to catch that one episode.

Today I learned that Mango skin is not edible. After a quick poll in the office kitchen, no one seemed to know the answer. It has the look and feel of apple skin, but it's never served with skin intact. On my never ending quest for knowledge, I took a bite. Big mistake. It was awful. So bad that I took paper towel and scrapped my tongue off, also not something that tastes so good. Cutting a mango is no easy task either. I managed to mangle my mango. Big surprise. Luckily no fingers were severed, nicked, or bruised in the process.

It’s been a weird day....

0 comments: