BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 11, 2010

Mark after Dark


Tonight I'm hanging out with my neighbor, Mark after Dark (TM Jenna). He's new to the city and I met him on NYE in the elevator of my building. No it isn't a date. I'm just showing him around town. I'm just being neighborly, like Mr. Rogers.


This event could go one of two ways:
1) It becomes a Neighbor Nate situation where he blends with my friends.
2) It becomes a Millhouse situation where Jenna ends up photoshopping a pic of his head being squished by my Ugg boot. (please see above..)

Let's revisit these situations:


Neighbor Nate: Waaay back in the day, when I first lived in Chicago, both Jenna and I lived in the Gold Coast. Shortly after she moved in I came over to visit her one random night, probably during the week. We were bored out of our skulls when all the sudden we stirring next door. We, of course, decided to investigate. We found her neighbor, Nate, singing and playing the guitar. Our eyes lit up with glee. We instantly invaded his apartment, drank all his booze and made him sing us songs. Apparently Neighbor Nate got a kick out of us because he invited his friend over to join in the madness. Said friend ended up having a devil head tattoo on his arm (which Jenna decided to draw a body for, genius!) and told us tales of the time he was on the lam. Yes, we were in the company of a one time fugitive. Blah blah blah, jail reformed him...ect. He might have found jesus or something, I forget. Anyway, Neighbor Nate shortly thereafter became a staple at social events and we all still talk to this day.

Millhouse: I met him at a party of a friend of a friend in 2004. We instantly bonded because he was attending UW to get his PhD is something sciencey, what exactly, I forget. He was from Chicago and came back to visit frequently and at the time I had season tickets on the 50 yard line with Katie, so I was in Madison every other weekend...needless to say, our paths ended up crossing fairly regularly. I liked him because he was the sweet nerdy type who would listen to bitch for hours about all the losers I was dating. He was very supportive and a great friend. I really felt blessed to have him in my life...that is until he went crazy. Like bat shit crazy. Let me just preface this by saying that he and I NEVER dated and he knew who I was dating, as I talked about it all the time with him. Anyway, continuing...I went home for homecoming and ended up meeting David out for a drink after he finished work. Millhouse was at a nearby bar and so I invited him to join us, which he did. We all had a few drinks and had a good time. At the end of the night I left with David, as I was crashing on his couch that weekend. On the drive to David's I received one of several drunk dials from Mr Millhouse who decided to freak out (out of nowhere) and accuse me of hooking up with David and rubbing it in his face. Huh? What? Firstly, David and I have always and will always be platonic friends and there was no instance of David and I even flirting that evening (or any evening ever for that matter). Secondly, WTF did this obsession with me come from? I literally was clueless, I thought we were just great friends. Moving the story on...So naturally I berated him. Then David berated him. Then I screamed at him some more. Then maybe a day later when I had told the story to the whole gang, we all drunk dialed Millhouse just to scream at him some more.

Anyway, here's to a Neighbor Nate kind of night!

0 comments: