BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekend Recap

No major dramatics to discuss from this past weekend. It actually was kinda quiet!

Saturday was spent with several of my favorite Chicago ladies dining at the fantastic, though ridiculously over packed Coobah, followed by drinkies at Sopo, the semi-bane of my existence I just recently decided. I really want to like that bar, but the one time a year that I go there I always end up wondering why. It is overly crowded with people who try to be cooler then they are. Then again, what bar isn't that way?
Highlights of the evening: a girl who showed up in a microskirt so short that you could practically see her vajay and drama of being nearly trampled by Ed Hardy and/or bedazzled button down Dbag's waiting to go to the upstairs bar. Why?? The upstairs is really nothing to get excited about. It's so whatev and I wouldn't wait in line for it. It's not like their idols, the Jersey Shore cast, was up there since we all know now that those bitches bailed on the city of Chicago for a swag bag party in LA this weekend... Actually, who am I kidding? I would done the same!
Perhaps tomorrow the story needs to be told of the last time I was in the Southport neighborhood....this story will more than likely seal my fate in hell. Oh yes, it is that good/bad.

Sunday was spent at a Golden Globes party being hosted by my old London roomie Toni. The best hostess ever had prizes for each category, bountiful food and of course, far too much booze. Naturally, a drinking game of taking a swig every time Haiti was mentioned was enforced. I couldn't really tell you who won the vast majority of the awards, but who cares, I was too busy being a wine-o and making my usual outlandish statements amongst perfect strangers. Hopefully Toni still wants to be friends with me. ;)

0 comments: