BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Phat, Fat, Whatever...



Last week I received an email from BCBS stating that they had started up a fitness program that would allow me access to several well known chain gyms for $29/month with no long term contract to sign. Seeing as how the gym in my building reminds me of a serial killer's lair (it's in the scary, smelly basement, there is at least an inch of dust on all pieces of equipment and there appear to be no over head lighting options, so the nearby laundry room's lights need to be on in order to even see a foot in front of you), I knew this was my sign...well that and my booty is looking less than fierce presently. Anyway, I forwarded the deal of the century to all of my coworkers and after much grumble between most of them about extra holiday poundage that hadn't disappeared, the brilliant idea to organize a Biggest Loser contest for our firm was hatched!

On Monday, 13 of us boldly decided to take back control over our mid sections! Weigh in was as pleasant as a root canal and I saw a number I NEVER WANT TO SEE AGAIN, but it was a step in the right direction and hopefully the wake up call that I needed. Additionally, there is money and pride on the line and I'm bound and determined to win!

Yesterday I felt like I was starving all day, but I ate healthy food for all meals and snacks, despite my desire to stuff my head into a potato chip bag, inhale and not care if I suffocate. Today I ate even more healthy options and went to the gym for the first time in a long time. Added bonus, I didn't die while working out, something I was convinced I was deathly allergic to.

Tonight I'm watching my Badgers beat up on MSU, going to bed early and fingers crossed, if I actually get a good nights sleep (stupid insomnia), I plan on getting up early to go to the gym before work. Yes. I just said that. No I haven't lost my mind from lack of junk food. It isn't going to be easy rolling out of bed to get my ass handed to me by the elliptical, and I haven't done the early morning thing since Sarah practically had to pry me out of my apartment kicking and screaming to work out with her in the mornings during the 05-07 stint in Madison, but it'll pay off eventually, right? Maybe I'll become a morning person rather then the morning bitch I kinda am. Ha, that's an amusing thought...

Wish me luck....I'm totally going to need it!


My Mii for the ginormous chart I hung up at work in the kitchen to track the percentage of our weight lost.

0 comments: