BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Face Lick Worthy


Rhett, the prettiest man alive (pic courtesy of TR's front row posse action)

So in the not so distant past I might have been known for making fun of BetweenBars and Tequila Red for their "cult-like obsession with crap-ass bands I have never heard of." During my tenure in Chicago it can be safely said that on a 100 occasions I rolled my eyes, sighed loudly, cursed them for not Gold Coasting it up with me on concert nights, and of course loudly refused to go every time they tried to drag me to a show. I was sure I never ever wanted to listen to their weird music. After all, BB is the one who subjected me to Teegan and Sarah who made my brain bleed, really I swear. Because of this, I was long convinced the only neutral ground Indie loving BB and me, the Pop Princess, would only ever agree on was JT, Brit, Kelly Clarkson, and the random Liz song that I enjoy screaming at the top of my lungs, Polyester Bride. Needless to say, the music on our road trips was always an eclectic mix between the two of us...especially when I was forced to serenaded her with Chain of Fools in my best Aretha voice because we couldn't agree on any common music that day.

Anyway, I digress...

As I near 26, elder wisdom appears to be oozing out of me lately. From what I have learned in the past is that the best wise people can admit when they are wrong. So ladies for you.........yes, I admit it, Rhett is man pretty. Rhett is funny. Rhett is charming. And damn it, I do want to lick his face, a lot! You might have been right along.

Rhett is talented, his songs still make me want to jump off a bridge though. Don't let it get to your heads! Just remember, it is rare when I am wrong. I still contend Trixies over Hipsters any day, Bucky Badger always trumps Touchdown Jesus (sorry about that God), and sorority life is more fun than the GID lifestyle.

Anyway, Tequila, Concert Josh and Madison thank you for enlightening me last night at the Rhett concert. Also thanks to Belle and F (the only non-blogger of the social circle last night) for losing their Rhett virginity with me, you were gentle.

0 comments: